Annual Youth Coyote Hunt
Welcome all coyote hunters to the 19th Annual UTA Youth Coyote Hunt held on November 10, 2018!
Online Sign Up
This is a state wide hunt, with a special invite to youth hunters age 17 and under, accompanied by a responsible adult. Please make sure any youth hunters on your team are old enough to have a positive and fun experience and, above all, that they are safe. We strongly encourage all youth hunters using firearms to have successfully completed a hunter's safety course.
The basics of this hunt are as follows:
• Teams may consist of up to 3 adults, and we recommend no more than two youth per adult.
• Entry fees are $30 per adult, 1 youth participates free for each paid adult. Additional youth participants will be $20 each.
• Each team must include one current member of the UTA.
• Plaques will be awarded for 1st thru 5th place. Prizes will be awarded in separate drawings for adults and youth. All participants will be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be awarded in Nephi at the end of the hunt, MUST be present to win.
• All YOUTH participants will win a prize.
• All proceeds from entry fees will be used to purchase prizes.
• There will be no cash prizes.
• The hunt starts at legal shooting hours the morning of the 11th, any place in the state of Utah you choose. All teams must check in at the Juab County fairgrounds in Nephi no later than 6 pm November 10th, at which time food, trophies and prizes will be awarded.
• The youngest participants will not be eligible to win firearms or knives, but will be eligible for all other prizes. Prizes will be arranged to suit the appropriate age group.
We will be capping the number of participants, so make sure you get your pre-registration form sent in early. All registrations are done online, and registration automatically closes once we have reached the number of participants. Please don't ask for exceptions.
Each year we have just shy of 500 participants. Securing enough prizes is difficult: therefore we strongly encourage all participants to make an effort to assist in gathering prizes to be awarded. For each $25 worth of prizes, or cash donations you bring in, you will be entered in a separate drawing for a gun (specific gun not yet determined). Please put serious effort into gathering at least one prize to ensure all participants a good opportunity to win. The prize you gather may well mean the difference of you or someone else on your team winning a prize or going home empty handed. Also, please get a business card or letterhead from the prize donor so they can be recognized for their generosity. The donor's name will be put in a separate drawing for a gun. To give proper recognition to the sponsors, please send in the business information with the donation, we need to make sure all sponsors are recognized. Also once again this year, we will be giving out the "Chopper Miller spirit of the hunt award" "The Chopper Rifle" This prize is the most coveted award of the night. There will be two “Chopper Rifles” awarded that night. One to the 5 to 11 year olds and one to 12 to 17 year olds.
We will be giving away two rifles this year in two age groups, 5 to 11 years old and 12 to 17 years old. To qualify for this award, you must be 17 or under and write a story of a previous year's memorable moment participating in the youth hunt, and send it in with your application. The story that best captures the true spirit of the youth hunting experience will be presented the award. Please don't miss your chance at winning this great prize. So we have time to judge these stories, they must be post marked by 10/25/18.
Send these letters to:
117 South Willow Street
Grantsville, UT 84029
Again, this is for the kids, help them but don't write the essay, we want their version. We really like to have young kids send in essays as well, it is great to have an overall perspective from the different age groups.
Remember we no longer send out tags, you will need to make your own with your team information. Duct tape around the leg with a permanent marker works well. Our intent is to hold an event where all have fun and share the sport we love with Our Youth. The organizers of this hunt put great effort into assuring a fun, safe and memorable experience. As we are busy setting up the hunt, we will be unable to consider refunds. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to contact one of us.
Remember, the entry deadline is October 31, no exceptions.
Get registered as early as possible. The available spots fill up quickly.
Please remember to help by getting your kids involved with this hunt and trapping.
They are the future of these recreational opportunities. Without their involvement these things are gone.